20100603

I HOWL, TOO>> I AM A MAN

Poetry entry #2 of the day!

For the Beat reading class that I so eloquently blogged about earlier (go and check a few days back, actually-- second, better thought++ go back and check out all the posts. Become a fan! Be a supporter! Tweet about a Peach/Apple Medley! Donate Money! Name your first-born after this stellar body of unimportance/time-wasting machine!), we had an assignment to appropriate some Beat writing. I regurgitated Howl by Allen Ginsberg, and just talked about the lovely Savannah College of Art and Design and its inhabitants/constituents. It's actually inspired me to do more writing, as well as maybe start my own appropriation art project series. Say, take a piece I enjoy/recreate it through my own critical lens once a week?

SIDENOTE
I think I'm definitely the guy at the buffet getting the chicken fingers, drumsticks, lemon chicken, sweet & sour chicken, General Tso's chicken, and grilled chicken, fruit and jello before I sit down. That leads to me taking a look at my plate to find that I only got chicken, so I have to
get up for some other kinds of meat and rice and pasta and mystery sauce.

EYEZ >>> STOMACH


HOWL appropriated original
Kan Ando
laser inkjet on archival paper
11"x 17" prints available
$7
18"x 24" prints available
$10
wait, who actually would buy this


do not resist the beat


theres a she wolf in your closet
open up and set her free (awoooo)
theres a she wolf in your closet
let it out so it can breathe (pant pant pant)


best
++

Kan ""bcuz I'm a growing boy" Ando

No comments:

Post a Comment